What is a womyn to do?

It isn't easy being me; my children can attest to that!  I try my best to be true to myself and find that the universe has surrounded me in an attempt to put fun and adventure into my already crazee life.

The picture on the left is me with a hook embedded in my ear. Why is a hook embedded in my ear? Well, it is there because I went fishing one day with my daughter and her girlfriend at the time and caught a fish. Yes, I did catch a fish but it was a big one and when I yelled for my daughter to come put it in a net so I can reel it onto the shore, the fish decided to bounce its' body onto the rocks; almost like it was dancing to some new music song.  In its' bouncing and just as my daughter was putting the net under it, it disappeared.  My fishing line was no longer tight with the fish and I was dismayed as supper would not be this fish.

 As I was getting ready to move to see if I could find the fish on the shore, it was then that I noticed my ear would move with the fishing line! Yes, it appears that fish caught me instead of me catching it.  Oh the giggles my daughter and her girlfriend had, and the giggle I had that moment in time.  It didn't last though as my ear was getting sore. 

My daughter thought that she might try to pry the hook out of my ear; how could it not come out she surmised.  Well, as hard as we tried, with no pliers in sight, it did not come out and I was starting to experience some pain.  I suggested it wasn't a good idea to take it out as I was pretty sure hooks had barbs that stuck out of it.  

So off the hospital I went.  The hospital was 30 minutes away and while driving I could not contain my giggles.  Upon getting to the hospital I rang the buzzer to be let into the emergency department.  A nurse answered and asked me what was my problem. I told her the fishing hook attached to my ear was the problem.  She said she didn't even notice it! Fancy that; an fish hook earring! I could start a trend here, but I decided not to and was whisked to the doctor who had a good laugh at my predicament.  He asked if it was a big fish, to which I replied it was. Just my luck that it got away from me and smarted me in the process!

I kept the fish hook earring as a reminder of the day and how I got away from the same fate that the fish was in. Nice touch fish! The world as I knew it got a tad bit more interesting that day and my children have another story to add to their list of a mom who excels in being different...:)

Carrianne

Comments

Popular Posts