Glutenfree, plant based gingerbread brownie...and other things!

Mmmm.....there is nothing better than the smell of gingerbread in the oven wafting it's magic that everything is well within the world, well at least in your kitchen!  I had one of the worst days yesterday that I have had in a while since starting my own business and whatever I seemed to do or bake, it didn't turn out no matter how hard I wished for it!  So today I was determined to not let one really bad day define me and wanted to set about the day anew with a success.
When I look back at yesterday, if I am honest with myself,  it did define me because I was so pissed off at all the rotten luck that I came back at life with the "I will show you" attitude! And in that attitude, I baked an awesome gingerbread.  I adapted it from a glutenfree cookbook and made it my own.  I hope it at least makes you feel that you too can feel right within the world as it did me.

Gingerbread brownies (cake or whatever you want to call it)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
1/2 cup molasses
1 1/2 cup gluten free flower (I use a mix of brown rice, teff, sorghum, almond flour and arrowroot)
 starch
1 teaspoon xanthum gum
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 ground ginger (i used ground gingerbread spice as I had no ginger)
3/4 cinnamon
1/2 chai tea spices or ground cloves
1/3 cup almond milk mixed with 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking powder mixed with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar
a handful of of chopped walnuts

Mix all the dry ingredients together.  Then mix all but the almond milk with the dry ingredients.  Add in the almond milk slowly as you stir the mixture.  Warm the oven at 350 degrees.  Pour the ingredients into a cake pan or and 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper that is lightly oiled to prevent sticking. Sprinkle the walnuts onto the mixture in the pan.  Put the pan in the oven (that is how you cook it...lol).  It should take 30 minutes or so, but test with a toothpick or knife (yea I use a knife) and if it comes out clean, it is done.  Enjoy my friends,....mmmm a slice of "everything is right within the world".

Carrianne

Comments

Popular Posts